Business Listing Directories and Search Engines
These are free to submit your website URL and can be helpful when building inbound links to your website. Be consistent with your Name, Address and Phone.
Submit your URL for the major search engines to crawl your website:
- Add to Google
- Add to Bing
- Add to Yahoo! — No longer necessary. Yahoo buys the search data from Microsoft.
Create Free Local Business Listings:
Try this free service GetListed.org to find existing listings for your business, as well as additional opportunities to help you get found online.
Make sure you can be found on Google, Bing & Yahoo!
- Google My Business (Formerly Google+ Local, Google Places for Business)
- Microsoft Bing Places for Business (formerly Bing Business Portal, Local Business Listing Center)
- Yahoo Basic Listing (Choose free option)
Note: While there are thousands of web directories, getting listed in directories with a backlink to your website no longer has the SEO benefit/value it did years ago.
- The 20 year old Yahoo Directory — $299/submission/year. Don’t bother, it will shut down 12/31/2014.
- DMOZ — Open Directory Project
- Super Pages
- Jayde B2B Search Engine
- U.S. City Business Directory
- Consultant Directory
- AllTheWebsites Directory — A niche web directory offering website promotion and other webmaster resources.
- Small Business Town
- Website Promotion at Allthewebsites Directory