We continually identify useful online resources that our clients can use to promote their businesses. These may be helpful for your organic marketing efforts. We do not endorse nor have any affiliation with any of these websites.
- U.S. Small Business Administration
- Starting A Business In New Jersey Checklist (PDF)
- Business.com’s “What Works for Business” weekly email newsletter is a good source of info and opinions.
- New Jersey Small Business Development Centers:
Know exactly what you want and need someone to execute it?
- Don’t forget to check your local college/university for adult education programs specifically for business owners.
- Ask your local college about sponsoring an internship. Get some help. Typically 12 week programs.
- Post your detailed requirements on Upwork.com (formerly Elance) for free and select from worldwide talent.
- Google Apps for Work* (formerly “Google Apps for Business”) — Use the powerful Gmail service with your own domain name, plus a suite of software to let you edit documents, spreadsheets and presentations directly in your web browser. Great for collaboration and online storage. Smartphone and tablet apps to access your email and files from where ever you need to work. Link it to all your Google services (i.e., Google Analytics, Google+, Google AdWords, Google AdSense, Google My Business, Google Search Console, etc.)
- Microsoft Office 365 — Familiar applications, now online, on your desktop and on your mobile devices.
- Your domain registrar or web hosting company — If you need a simple inbox for your domain or forwarding, they might offer something. It’s usually inferior to a more established service.
My personal preference is Google Apps for Work.* I’ve used it for many years without problems. For the price, it’s a very good deal for the inbox spam filtering, no ads, calendar, 30 GB of storage, collaboration tools, mobile apps, etc.
I do not recommend Office 365 Business. The admin screens are not at all intuitive. (Try figuring out how to add user accounts.) I’ve had multiple problems with MX record set up that I’ve never had with any other email service. My experience calling their tech support has been terrible — I’ve been hung up on twice because unhelpful guys can’t provide any solution. I explain the issue over and over again. Yet all they do is keep clicking away on their keyboard in a noisy call center and solve nothing. It’s very sad, I really hoped to like their product.
Please do your own research and choose what’s best for your needs.
- Your Browser Details — Web pages can display very differently across all the different browsers and especially older versions. If a page seems broken, use this tool to identify what specific browser you have in order to help us troubleshoot a problem.
- Which browser currently using? — If you are trying to troubleshoot with someone who can’t figure out what web browser they have, send them this link.
- LinkTiger — Find broken links on your website
- Sync your bookmarks across multiple browsers and computers.
Document Conversion (video, audio, text)
Have a file that’s too large to email? Checkout these free websites you can upload large files to and temporarily store them. Then send the link to the people who need the file.
- Dropbox* — Great for synchronizing files across computers/devices and sharing with others.
* DISCLOSURE: We may receive compensation if you click on an affiliate link and register with that service provider.