Quick Response Codes are a convenient method for smartphone users to take a picture of a square B&W code to access specific info.
Examples of how it could be used for your lead generation activities:
- Print it on fliers/signs/kiosk to drive people to a website URL with details about the event.
- Link it to your Facebook/Twitter URLs to encourage people to follow.
- Provide text description.
- Map an address.
- Put it on the back of a business card to easily provide an address book vcard.
- Link it to an Email Address.
- Link it to a Phone Number
- SMS texting
Currently, QR Codes are only usable to people with a smartphone who have downloaded a QR reader app for their iPhone, Android, etc. The adoption rate is growing quickly as more retailers are including QR codes on shelving displays and brochures. Likewise, mobile phone providers may soon begin including QR code recognition with the core functionality of newer models.
“comScore reports that the people more likely to scan a QR code are male (60.5% of code scanning audience), skew toward ages 18-34 (53.4 percent) and have a household income of $100,000 or above (36.1 percent). They also are more likely to scan codes found in newspapers/magazines and on product packaging — and do so while at home or in a store.”