Staying connected while out and about is important to me. As a marketing consultant, these are mobile apps available for the iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad that I find to be incredibly useful to keep me connected, keep me organized, promote my business and keep productive.
- Google Mobile (Gmail, Calendar, Docs, Reader).
- Tungle – An easier way to schedule your meetings.
- Linkedin – Stay active among your professional network.
- Twitter – Promote yourself to the world.
- Facebook – Stay connected with your private network.
- Foursquare – Check in at your favorite destinations.
- Hootsuite – Publish to multiple social networks at once.
- Skype – Make free VoIP calls and instant messaging.
- AIM – Chat with your connections.
- Evernote – Upload and keep track of everything, syncronized between your device(s) and computer(s).
- Things – Keep track and manage your tasks.
- Remember The Milk – Keep track and manage your tasks.
- Dropbox – Share your files between device and computers.
- 1Password – Safely store and syncronize your passwords between your mobile device and computers.
- Xmarks – Syncronize your bookmarks across between your mobile device and your desktop browsers.
- VehiCal – Track your mileage and expenses.
- LogMeIn – Login to your desktop computer.
- SimpleMindMap – Organize your thoughts.
- Net Status – Quick status check if your websites are up and running.
- Analytics Pro – View Google Analytics data complete with charts.
Feed Your Mind…
Sometimes, you need to take your mind off of work for awhile and catch up with what’s going on in the world. I recommend these apps:
- BBC News
- Slate Magazine
- NY Times
- USA Today
- Pulse News
- The Wall Street Journal
- NPR for iPad
- The Onion
Of course, there are countless other apps you could use. But these should be a good place for you to start.
I hope you find this helpful.