Yes, you heard me correctly. Start the new year by pruning people from your:
- Address book
- Contact Management System
It’s just too much. In the end, I strive for QUALITY over QUANTITY. I want a network of professionals (who know and remember me) so that they can help me advance my causes.
Here’s my suggested criteria:
- You have no idea who the person is… DELETE!
- If I haven’t spoken to someone in 10 years, and don’t expect to ever again… DELETE!
- You don’t like the person… DELETE!
- You’d never hire the person… DELETE!
- The person routinely publishes opinions that don’t align with how you’d like to be professionally viewed… DELETE!
Some might think it’s a bit harsh. But I believe that it’s liberating. I can search through my connections faster and the results are more meaningful.
So come on, trim some fat this holiday!
Hope you find this helpful.