Your website is an extension of your brand that represents you twenty four hours a day, seven days a week. It’s should:
- Be informative
- Demonstrate your personality and subject matter expertise
- Speak to how you will solve the visitor’s problem
- Encourage the visitor to connect with you
The best results come after careful planning. Careful research, planning and design can result in a website that satisfies the needs of the consumer, the brand, and the requirements to show prominently in search engine results.
Let’s consider this example. To create a professional website for a brand, it is necessary to evaluate and take into consideration:
- The industry
- The competition
- The customers, and
- How the business does business.
The planning stage continues by filling in the details:
- Domain name – clear to the consumer, easy to recognize/remember, search engine friendly.
- Define visitor types and goals – understanding who truly visits the website and what they need to accomplish.
- Information Architecture – organization according to visitor needs, best practices and business goals.
- User-centric design – design with humans in mind.
- Content and creative – compelling messages that satisfy user needs, yet are persuasive to drive call-to-action.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) – defined tactics for improving how search engines find and index the business content.
- Website and database programming – determining the appropriate technology for the business needs.
- Website hosting – define appropriate platform to support the selected technology.
- Content Management System – a tool to help non-technical business stakeholders easily update website content.
Sounds like a lot of work, doesn’t it? Well, it is. But its very scalable – from solo businesses to corporations. Once the plan is defined and agreed on, production and quality assurance testing can be executed much more confidently and usually more quickly.
Feel free to browse this visual gallery of some of our website design work.